If you have a bathroom that needs to be cleaned and want to save yourself time and effort then you are in need of some bathroom cleaning hacks. There are a plethora of cleaning hacks online and it’s easy to get confused by the numerous different products out there such as magic erasers, Lysol toilet bowl cleaners, or even Clorox wipes. Which products are good for which tasks? Well here are five hacks that will make cleaning your bathroom much quicker and more simple:
1. Keep a soap-dispensing sponge in your shower This hack is an absolute life-saver. By keeping a soap dispensing sponge in your shower you can clean up grime and build up as you see it, and give your shower a scrub every time you take a shower. This is an easy way to help you keep your shower spotless all the time, and prevent buildup of germs and dirt.
2. Clean and de-mist mirrors with shaving foam Shaving cream has more use than preventing razor burns. The glycerin it contains creates a protective barrier both on your skin and on your bathroom mirror. By applying shaving cream to your bathroom mirror, it prevents steam from sticking to it and helps keep it clean. This also works when used on the shower door or a pair of eyeglasses!
3. Unclog drains with baking soda and vinegar The reaction that baking soda and vinegar has together is a great way to get your drains clean. All you have to do is pour boiling water down your drain to prime it, pour down 1 cup of baking soda with a solution made up of 1 cup water and 1 cup vinegar, plug the drain for 5 to 10 minutes, then pour down more boiling water to wash everything out of your drains. Doing this is a great way to make sure your drains don’t get clogged and it is recommended that you clean your drains once or twice a year or as needed.
4. Clean up water spots right away This is an easy hack that will save you lots of time. By wiping up any water spots as soon as they occur, you can prevent a buildup of grime. Simply use a towel to wipe up any water you spill, whether it’s shower water on the floor or water from your sink that got onto the countertops. This will save you time in the long run as you won’t have to deal with any water damage or grime caused by the water sticking around.
5. Soak a shower head in vinegar This hack can help you keep your shower head in tip-top shape. All you have to do is fill a bag with vinegar and put it on your showerhead to soak it overnight. By soaking your showerhead in vinegar, you can get rid of any limestone and buildup that might have occurred overtime. This will keep your shower head both looking fresh and fully functional.